With 1.32 billion daily active users, Facebook is the most widely used social platform by quite a bit. Whatever your business goal—brand exposure, website traffic, lead generation—Facebook should, and likely will make up a sizable part of your marketing strategy in the coming year.
That said, we decided to put together a list of 75 actionable Facebook statistics to keep in mind when you’re revamping your social strategy for 2018. Need help deciding which gender to target? Want to know how much your competitors are spending on Facebook ads? Like a few puppy gifs to keep the mood light? You’re in the right place!
Let’s hop in.
Facebook Usage Statistics
1. As of June 30, 2017, Facebook enjoys 2.01 billion monthly active users.
2. 79% of Americans use Facebook—the second closest usage percentage belongs to Instagram, at 32%.
Image via Pew Research Center
3. 53 % of U.S. residents use Facebook “several times a day.”
Image via Statista
5. 22% of the world’s total population uses Facebook.
7. 400 new users sign up for Facebook every minute.
8. Facebook Messenger has over 1.2 billion monthly active users.
A Facebook message.
If you’re interested in Facebook Messenger ads, we wrote last week about four different ways to set them up.
9. Users access Facebook an average of eight times per day.
10. Each day, 35 million people update their statuses on Facebook.
Facebook Connectivity Statistics
11. The average Facebook user is connected to another given user by just 3.57 degrees of separation.